Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm A Survivor of Mommy Separation Anxiety

I give myself a pat on the back--I survived the first real night out--without child attached-- for the first time in over five months. And I only texted my mom (who was wonderful enough to babysit for us!) once. Go me!! Ha!
I am a fan of music...loud music. *smiles* My husband and I went to a concert last night that consisted of Pop Evil (who was awesome, by the way) Red and Saving Abel . I give props to all of them. The concert was unbelievable. I think I enjoyed Pop Evil the most of all of the bands...when I wasn't worrying about my daughter, of course.

Now, I know the child is supposed to have the separation anxiety problem, but I never realized how much I would have that problem. I mean seriously, I felt like I was being a bad mom leaving my daughter, even though I know she was in perfectly capable hands. I could have used an anti-anxiety medicine at that moment. I hadn't felt that much anxiety since my wedding day. Even giving birth was easier. My husband thought it was hilarious at how anxious I was. Can you tell I don't go out much without my little girl? I think the longest I ever stayed away was five hours...and that was only because I stood in line for that long for the darn H1N1 shot...and I texted my hubby constantly. *bowing head in shame* Oh...and Elainna didn't even realize we were gone. No anxiety on her part. She was too busy entertaining my mother. :-)

Now with that said, my hubby and I were at the concert a grand total of one whopping hour before I sent my one and only text to my mother. It read: "She behaving? This concert is frickin awesome! The guitarist is HOTT!!! :)" (And I am serious. The one guitarist for Pop Evil is gorgeous!! Hey...I'm not dead...I still notice drool-worthy men. Anyway, back to subject here...) And of course my mother told me to just enjoy the concert. Which I did, of course.

We stayed through most of the concert before heading home. I was impressed. It was my first *real* concert. Ever. And I loved it. It was loud and I could feel the base from the bands reverberating in my chest. The music was wonderful. It was nice being able to go out and speak in normal language rather than motherese for a few hours. We may have to do this again. Soon. I think I have a handle on that mommy anxiety now. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment